For my birthday (Yikes- June 9th) Brooks is taking a mindful class with me (it's my second time!) and one of our daily assignments this week is to write about a pleasant event each day and keep a gratitude journal. Today this is mine. I title my event: A DATE WITH SUMMER AND MY LITTLE MAN.
|Today I felt like gardening. Nixon wanted to help.|
|He also wanted to try out our new hose.|
|Mommy had to help a little bit.|
|Time to turn it down|
|Not happy about this.|
I saw: a beautiful sunny day
I touched: dirt between my fingers
I tasted: water from a garden hose
I smelled: sunblock on my cheeks
I felt: joy in my heart that summer is here.
Although Nixon was a bit sad to have to go inside, we treated ourselves to an orange Otterpop- that can always make things better. Ahhhh what a refreshing summer day- mud, water and all.
a playful mama
P.S. gratitude journal assignment:
5 things I am grateful for today:
* the slobbery kiss Nixon gave me after I gave him one.
* the tomato plants we planted in the earth.
* the sound of the birds singing in the morning.
* the smell of sunblock as we lathered it into our skin.
* the amazing husband I have who comes to a mindfulness class with me.