Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The day I heard the three magic words...



Dear Diary,
I have been dreaming about this day. Today is the day I heard the words, “I Love You” from my Little Man’s mouth. It couldn’t have come at a better time because I had just been grumbling in my head about, “How nice it would be to just have like 5 minutes to myself…when down the hall I heard, “Mama…mama...MAAAMAAA!” Frustration set in as a little hand grabbed mine.  Doesn’t he know that I need to check my email, look up a recipe, and update my very neglected blog? Ugh.

But those things must wait…and with a tug, I followed where he wanted me to go. We both hopped on my bed and snuggled with a blanket and it was then at that moment that he snuggled his face up to mind and said, “I love you.”  Twice.

Tears rolled down my cheek.

And I gave him the bigest squeeze ever… Nothing was more important than being right there right then with my Little Man. Those emails, recipes, and blog posts can all wait.


Sincerely,
A grateful mama.

2 comments:

Little Dame said...

Love it....so glad you share these things ....such good reminders of all the little moments that are awaiting us when we take the time.xo,D

Fabiana Farias said...

This is so cute! Congratulations!