Nixon is fast asleep and I can’t take my eyes off of him. I listen to the rain and thunder crashing down around us... something about that sound makes me slow down and contemplate life. (after thinking of The Sound of Music song of course)Hmmmm… I wonder… as I stare down at my little babe… how can life look so different today than it once did?
- I once thought I was fearful… now I am fearless.
- I once thought I had respect for my parents… now I know what it means to honor them.
- I once knew I was strong… but now I have discovered an inner strength I never knew I had.
- I once thought passing gas was disgusting… now it’s so cute.
- I once needed an alarm clock...now Nixon sets my schedule.
- I once would wonder why parents of a screaming child couldn’t get control of their child… now I empathize with them.
- I once thought of showers and makeup as a daily routine…now they are luxuries.
- I once thought there was no such thing as love at first sight… now I realized I can love a complete stranger.
Those are my thoughts as I lay down to sleep tonight. Good Night.