Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mindfulness.



Dear Diary,
I remember it like it was yesterday the fall of 2009. There was such a crisp October smell in the air. Me, a frazzled post-graduate student who had just spent the last three years in utter chaotic stress from school had the desire to do nothing but BE STILL. However, I didn’t know how. I had tried mediating once or twice in the past but was discouraged with what I perceived as my inability to sit still for longer than one minute.
The opportunity came to enroll in the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Class from Heather Donahue and Kristin Koskella and it was after that class that I walked out of the fog and saw my life clearly before me. It couldn’t have come at a better time.
You see, I was about 20 some weeks pregnant and had just found out that my baby boy may have some “complications” and there was a chance he may not survive.  Naturally, my mind ran wild with obsessive thoughts and fear with the inability to control the outcome and the future for this child. Through this class, I was able to become free from the paralyzing worry that was holding me hostage.
Living moment-to-moment, day-to-day I pressed forward breathing along the way . I am blessed to say that my little baby boy is now a healthy happy little one-year-old boy and such a joy in my life. Vowing to never take a moment for granted,  I am continually practicing being present with him each and every day. I am truly a better mother, wife, friend, sister, daughter, photographer, and counselor because of this class. 
This class is amazing. I would recommend it for ANYONE- in fact, Brooks is giving this class to me as my birthday gift... and he is taking it with me. I don't think I could ask for anything better! I can't wait!

If you are interested in taking this class visit my Live Inspired Blog here for more info.  
Besitos xoxo,
CDame

No comments: