Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Dear 28 year old self...

Birthday 2009


Dear 27-year-old self,
Wow…where did the time go? One year ago I was you… 27. I was rocking short hair and spending time in El Salvador with our family on my birthday. I had just graduated with my Masters and was without child. Wow this has been an eventful year. Thanks for the ride!

This year we:

  • Climbed down a huge waterfall in Colombia with dad.   
  • Lost our dog Patch after 17 years of a long happy life.
  • Became a Professional Licensed Counselor.
  • Opened a private practice downtown Boise… Live Inspired Counseling.
  • Found out we were pregnant!
  • Watched Brooks buy another “classic” car.
  • Watched my body transform and expand like I have never thought it could.
  • Found out that our baby and pregnancy may have complications.
  • Endured the sleepless nights of the unknown.
  • Plucked out my first white hair- a few more came back in it's place.
  • Gave birth to a healthy 4lb 15oz baby boy.
  • Learned the meaning of sacrifice.
  • Gained a stronger testimony of the gospel.
  • Cried for a few friends who lost their beloved little ones.
  • Fell even more in love with Brooks.
  • Learned what it meant to really really really really be tired.
  • Spent countless hours staring at my baby.
  • Watched mom find happiness again and marry a man she loves.
  • Threw mom a 50th birthday fiesta with my sisters.
  • Watched dad also find happiness and marry again.
  • Gained 21 new family members.
  • Watched my youngest sister grow up before my eyes.
  • Discovered a love for meditation and mindfulness.
  • Learned to live more in the moment- life is better that way.
  • Learned how to say "no" before I take too much on.
  • Continued to rock Bikram Yoga.
  • Learned to run with a stroller and a dog at the same time.
  • Enjoyed the beauty McCall has to offer.
  • Only got to the ski hill once but it was the best.
  • Spent endless hours talking on the phone to my little sisters.
  • Loved and continue to love life.

Watch out 28…here I come.

Love, 28-year-old me

3 comments:

Bianca said...

Wow, that is amazing. I feel somehow like this past year has gone by so fast and that things are still so much the same as they were a year ago...but reading this really opened me eyes to all of the changes that we've been adapting to over this past year. It has been a full year- that is for sure!! :) Love you sis,

B

mj said...

thanks for the re-invite. love the letter.

Cristi said...

Maren-
your blog inspires me. I love reading it!

Bianca-
This has been a eventful year for sure.