Dear 27-year-old self,
Wow…where did the time go? One year ago I was you… 27. I was rocking short hair and spending time in El Salvador with our family on my birthday. I had just graduated with my Masters and was without child. Wow this has been an eventful year. Thanks for the ride!
This year we:
- Climbed down a huge waterfall in Colombia with dad.
- Lost our dog Patch after 17 years of a long happy life.
- Became a Professional Licensed Counselor.
- Opened a private practice downtown Boise… Live Inspired Counseling.
- Found out we were pregnant!
- Watched Brooks buy another “classic” car.
- Watched my body transform and expand like I have never thought it could.
- Found out that our baby and pregnancy may have complications.
- Endured the sleepless nights of the unknown.
- Plucked out my first white hair- a few more came back in it's place.
- Gave birth to a healthy 4lb 15oz baby boy.
- Learned the meaning of sacrifice.
- Gained a stronger testimony of the gospel.
- Cried for a few friends who lost their beloved little ones.
- Fell even more in love with Brooks.
- Learned what it meant to really really really really be tired.
- Spent countless hours staring at my baby.
- Watched mom find happiness again and marry a man she loves.
- Threw mom a 50th birthday fiesta with my sisters.
- Watched dad also find happiness and marry again.
- Gained 21 new family members.
- Watched my youngest sister grow up before my eyes.
- Discovered a love for meditation and mindfulness.
- Learned to live more in the moment- life is better that way.
- Learned how to say "no" before I take too much on.
- Continued to rock Bikram Yoga.
- Learned to run with a stroller and a dog at the same time.
- Enjoyed the beauty McCall has to offer.
- Only got to the ski hill once but it was the best.
- Spent endless hours talking on the phone to my little sisters.
- Loved and continue to love life.
Watch out 28…here I come.
Love, 28-year-old me